C H A P T E R 1
I N T R O D U C T I ON
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
a. This manual contains instructions for operating and servicing M809 series vehicles.
These vehicles are:
(1) M813 Cargo Truck WO/W and W/W.
(2) M813A1 Cargo Truck WO/W and W/W (Dropside).
(3) M814 Cargo Truck WO/W and W/W (XLWB).
(4) M815 Bolster Logging Truck W/W.
(5) M816 Medium Wrecker Truck W/W.
(6) M817 Dump Truck WO/W and W/W.
(7) M818 Tractor Truck WO/W and W/W.
(8) M819 Tractor Wrecker Truck W/W.
(9) M820 and M820A1 Expansible Van Truck WO/W.
(10) M820A2 Expansible Van Truck WO/W (W/HLG).
(11) M821 Bridge Transporting Stake Truck WO/ W.
b. The material presented here provides operators with information and procedures
needed to provide the safest and most efficient operation of these vehicles. This
(1) Description of each vehicle and its operation.
(2) The purpose of each vehicle.
(3) Vehicle limitations such as load limits.
(4) Cautions and warnings to operators regarding safety to personnel and
(5) The function of all panel controls and indicators.
(6) The function of all body controls and indicators.
(7) How and when to use special purpose kits.
(8) Operator maintenance checks and service procedures.
(9) Troubleshooting procedures to be followed by operators if the vehicle
(10) Operator forms and records.