Do not try to move truck until air pressure buzzer stops sounding.
For effective braking, minimum air pressure of 65 psi (448.2 kPa)
must register on air pressure gage.
(2) Air pressure gage (10) should rise from 0 to 65 psi (448.2 kPa) before air pressure
warning buzzer stops, indicating compressed air system is operating properly.
(3) Battery-generator indicator (9) should read in green area.
r. Pull out emergency engine stop control (6) if any of the following conditions exist:
(1) Noisy engine and/or excessive engine vibration.
(2) Oil pressure does not register or suddenly drops to less than 15 psi (103.4 kPa).
(3) Sudden increase in coolant temperature beyond normal operating temperature of
175° to 195°F (79°C to 91°C).
(4) Engine continues to run after ignition switch (12) and battery switch (5) are
turned to OFF position.
If emergency shutdown is necessary, notify organizational
2-13. COLD WEATHER STARTING (BELOW +32°F) (0°C)
a. Perform steps a. through i. in paragraph 2-12.
b. Pull hand throttle control (1) out approximately one third and lock in place by
turning left or right.
c. Place battery switch (5) in ON position.
d. Place preheater switch (4) in ON position. Preheater indicator lamp (3) should
illuminate. Wait 30 seconds and if lamp does not illuminate, notify organizational
e. Depress clutch pedal (13) all the way and hold in that position.
Do not hold ignition switch (12) in START position for more than
10 seconds. If engine does not start. wait 10-15 seconds before
trying to start engine again. Engine starter can be damaged.
2-74 Change 1