j. Driving vehicle down steep grades.
Do not let vehicle coast downhill with clutch pedal (9) depressed.
Vehicle will increase speed and may go out of control, resulting in
injury to personnel.
(1) Depress brake pedal (8) to slow down vehicle.
(2) Do not exceed vehicle road speed shown on caution plate (10).
(3) Check warning plate (11) before shifting transfer selector lever (5).
k. Driving vehicle up steep grades:
(1) If vehicle slows down, downshift gearshift lever (2) before engine starts to strain
(2) When vehicle is heavily loaded or when road conditions are bad, additional
traction can be obtained as follows:
Slow down vehicle.
Depress clutch pedal (9) all the way.
Move transfer selector lever (5) down to LOW position.
Release clutch pedal (9) slowly.
Depress accelerator pedal (7) to bring vehicle to desired speed.