(i) Install yoke end of towbar to wrecker pintle hook (17).
(j) Connect airbrake system of towing vehicle to intervehicular couplings located
under front fenders of vehicle to be towed.
Failure to turn on air shutoff valves
will result in loss of brakes on
towed vehicle. This may cause
injury to personnel.
(4) Adjust disabled vehicle lighting
switch (18) as required by towing
(5) Place gearshift lever (19) and
transfer selector lever (21) on towed vehicle
in N" (neutral) position. Also release
parking brake lever (20) if propeller shafts
were not removed. Remove wheel blocks.
Never permit a driver or passenger in towed vehicle unless in an
emergency. Failure of equipment can cause injury to personnel.
(6) Raise vehicle (refer to paragraph 2-28).
(7) Upon completion of towing operation, block disabled vehicle wheels before
removing hook (1) from whiffletree (2).
(8) Turn all electrical switches in towed vehicle to OFF position.
(9) Remove whiffletree (2) from lifting shackles (3) of towed vehicle.
(9.1) Turn off air shutoff valves.
(10) Disconnect airbrake hoses between towed and towing vehicles
(11) Disconnect towbar from towed vehicle and secure brake line (13) and
clamps (14) to axle (12) with two lockwashers (16) and screws (15).
Change 1 2-93