e. Stopping Winch.
(1) Reduce engine speed by releasing
accelerator pedal (4) or hand throttle.
(2) Depress clutch pedal (5) and place
winch control lever (3) in N (neutral) posi-
tion (1). Release clutch pedal (5).
f. Lowering Load.
(1) Depress clutch pedal (5) and place
winch control lever (3) in R (reverse)
position. Release clutch pedal (5). Be sure
transmission selector lever (2) is in
N (neutral) position (1).
(2) Depress accelerator pedal (4) to
g. Releasing Winch Chain.
(1) Remove snatch block (7) from
winch cable (8) if it was used.
(2) Complete winching operation, if
necessary, and detach winch cable hook (13)
from load (6). Have crewmember maintain
manual tension on winch cable (8) and wind
excess cable on winch drum at slow speed.
Stop winch operation as cable chain (12)
h. Preparing Winch for Travel.
(1) On winches without level wind,
position cable chain (12) under and over the
left frame extension (9), then across the top
of the bumper (11), so the chain hook (13)
can be attached to the right lifting shackle
(14). Remove left lifting shackle (10) and
place it over chain, then reinstall lifting