e. Loading Bolster Trailer on Bolster Truck.
(1) Place bolster truck and trailer on level ground. Apply parking brake (13) and
stop engine (refer to paragraph 2-16). Shorten reach as required [refer to c.(3)
and c.(4) above].
(2) Remove cotter pin from truck pintle (8). Release lock and open pintle.
(3) Disconnect safety chains (11) from rear towing shackles (3).
Use care not to pinch or cut brake
hose (10). which may result in
injury to personnel and damage
(4) Turn landing leg hand crank (14) clockwise until bolster trailer lunette (15) is
free of bolster truck pintle (8).
(5) Remove intervehicular electrical cable (6) from bolster truck electrical
connector (4), directly above opened pintle (8). Stow electrical cable (16) on storage rack
on bolster trailer.
(6) Start engine, release parking brake (13), and drive bolster truck forward approx-
imately 2 feet (.61 meters). Apply parking brake (13) and place gearshift lever (12) in
N (neutral) position.