(7) Grasp ring (18) of L-bolt (19) and
turn handle (17) counterclockwise to loosen.
After loosening, turn L-bolt (19), until it
drops down through retaining slots in ramps
(9). Repeat same procedure on opposite end.
(8) Remove ramps (9) from catwalk (6)
and install at rear of bolster truck, in
mounting brackets (2) attached to the rear
support of the bolster trailer carrier (7).
(11) Release winch drum lock by
pulling out lock knob (26), rotating it 90
degrees, and releasing drum (27). Drum (27)
Make sure bolster travel locks
(21) on both sides of the bolster
truck fifth wheel (23) are engaged
and secured with cotter pins (22).
This prevents movement of truck
(9) Move bolster sliding chocks (5)
inward by lifting adjusting chains (24) free
of chain hooks (25) and pulling outward on
(10) Divide slack in adjusting chains
(24) evenly and reinstall in chain hooks (25).
Bolster sliding chocks (5) must be
centered to permit forward
wheels of bolster trailer to
contact truck bolster (20) when
(12) Unhook winch cable chain hook
(28) from cable chain (1) and free chain
from fifth wheel (23).
(13) Pull on chain (1) to unwind cable
from drum (27). Pull cable and chain over
top of truck bolster (20), down and under
bolster trailer, to the rear of reach support
tube (29). Attach cable chain (1) to reach
support tube (29).