(17) Start engine (refer to paragraphs 2-12 and 2-13). Depress clutch pedal (15) and
place gearshift lever (12) into 3 (third) gear (11). Place transfer selector lever (13) in
"N (neutral) position. Pull transfer power takeoff control lever (14) up as far as it will go
to engaged position.
(18) Release clutch pedal (15) and begin rewinding midships winch cable (6). As
lunette (1) of bolster trailer passes over the rear of bolster trailer carrier (2), retract
landing leg (7), and release locking pin handle (16).
(19) Rotate landing leg (7) 90 degrees counterclockwise and lock it in stowed
(20) Continue rewind of midships winch cable (6). Slow down rewind as rear wheels
of bolster trailer approach top of ramps (5).
(21) Stop winch operation when front wheels of bolster trailer come into contact
with truck bolster by moving power takeoff control lever (14) down to disengaged
(22) Disengage winch drum clutch by pushing drum clutch lever (10) toward winch
as far as it will go. Swing hinged lock (9) down.
(23) Lock winch drum by pulling out lock knob (8), rotating it 90 degrees alining
lock plunger with hole in drum flange, and releasing knob (8).
(24) Stop engine. Close trailer air coupling cutout cock (3) on right rear corner of
bolster truck to apply brakes on bolster trailer.
(25) Place air hoses (4) between dual wheels on either side of bolster trailer to
prevent entanglement when vehicle is moved.
(26) Remove ramps (5) and place on
catwalk (20) over midships winch. Secure
ramps (5) in stowed position by pushing
L-bolts (19) up through retaining slots in
ramps (5), turning L-bolts (19) 90 degrees,
grasping ring (18), and turning handle (17)
clockwise to tighten.
(27) Remove two tiedown chains (22)
and two chain binders (24) from bolster
trailer stowage compartment. Secure bolster
trailer front to cab protector (23) with one
tiedown chain (22) attached to front lifting
shackles (21), then wrap chain (22) around
cab protector (23). Tighten tiedown chain
(22) with chain binder (24).