Two crewmembers will be needed for the following procedures.
(16) Remove lockpin (10) from winch shift lever (7) and move lever (7) to UNWIND
Move engine clutch control lever (8) to ENGAGE position, and
back to DISENGAGE position quickly.
(17) Move engine clutch control lever (8) to ENGAGE position until crewmember
can unhook chain (5).
(18) Have crewmember unhook winch cable chain (5) from stowed position.
(19) Hold chain (5) until signaled to pull.
Do not handle winch cable unless necessary and never with bare
hands. Always wear hand protection when handling cables. Broken
wires can cause injuries.
Keep tension on winch cable while winch drum is turning so that
cable does not get crossed on drum.
(20) Move engine clutch control lever (8) to ENGAGE position. Signal crewmember
to pull on cable (4).
(21) If winch cable (4) is unwinding too fast, move throttle control lever (9)
rearward to slow engine speed. To increase engine speed, move lever (9) forward.
(22) Notify crewmember to pull winch cable (4) and chain (5) as far as needed to
reach load (6) to be pulled.
(23) Move engine clutch control lever (8) to DISENGAGE position.
(24) Move rear winch shift lever (7) to NEUTRAL position.
(25) Lock rear winch shift lever (7) with lockpin (10).
(26) Move engine clutch control lever (8) to ENGAGED position.
(27) Stop engine (refer to paragraph 2-16).
(27.1) If bumperettes are removed and slot has been cut in storage box (12), stow
hook and chain (5) in storage box (12).
Change 1 2-121