i. Preparation for Travel.
(1) Start engine (refer to paragraphs 2-12 and 2-13).
If bumperettes are removed, secure cable as on front winch.
(2) To prepare rear winch for travel. place winch cable chain(1) and hook (4) up
through right rear bumperette (3). across and down through left rear bumperette (2).
Secure by placing hook-(4) around chain (1) between b u m p e r e t t e s .
(3) Remove slack in winch cable chain (1) by moving winch shift lever (5) to WIND
(4) Move engine clutch control lever (6) to ENGAGE position. then quickly to
(4.1) Move throttle control lever (7.1) rearward to reduce engine speed.
(5) Move engine clutch control lever (6) to DISENGAGE position.
(6) Move winch shift lever (5) to NEUTRAL position.
2-126 Change 1