Steps 12 (a) (b), and (c) apply to M818 vehicles only replacement
(12) To position wedges (15) (M818 vehicles only):
(a) Remove two screws (16) from each wedge (15).
(b) Remove wedge (15). and reverse position.
(c) Install screws (16) in two most forward mounting holes for cross-country
position. Reverse wedges (15) and install screws (16) in two most rearward holes for
(13) Remove emergency airbrake hose (6) from hose supports (5).
Make sure to connect service airbrake hose to service coupling on
semitrailer. and emergency airbrake hose to emergency coupling.
Hoses not properly connected will cause brake failure. This can
result in injury or death.
(14) Connect emergency airbrake hose halt coupling (Z) to halt coupling (1) on
semitrailer emergency airbrake system and lock in position.
Failure to turn on air shutoff
valves will result in loss of brakes
on towed vehicle. This may cause
injury to personnel.
Service air valve handle is located on
drivers side of vehicle.
(17) Move service and emergency air
valve handles (7) to open position.
(15) Remove service airbrake hose (6)
from hose supports (5).
(16) Connect service airbrake hose half
coupling (3) to half coupling (4) on semi-
trailer service airbrake system and lock in