c. Leveling Van Body.
(1) Remove four adjustable leveling
jacks (4) and footpads (5) from stowage
compartment on rear of van body.
(2) Attach footpad (5) to bottom of
each jack (4). Assemble and install inner and
outer tubes of jack (4) and adjust length to
approximate height of brackets (1) at each
corner of van. Secure jack (4) with chained
(3) Insert upper foot (2) of jack (4) into bracket (1). Install jack handle (3) and
unscrew jack (4) until footpads (5) are in firm contact with ground. Anchor each jack
footpad (5) with two jack spikes (6). Do not attempt to raise entire van off ground with
(4) Repeat procedure at each corner of van until body is level.
d. Power Liftgate Operation (M820A2 Only).
(1) To remove ladders (10) from Liftgate (8):
(a) Remove eyebolts (11) securing ladders (10) to liftgate (8).
This operation requires two crewmembers.
(b) Lift ladders (10) off ladder hooks (9) and lower.
(2) To prepare for power liftgate operation: