e. Expanding Van Body.
(1) M820 and M820A1 model vans
without power liftgate:
(a) Release toggle clamp (2) securing
right ladder (1).
Vehicle must be approximately
level for expansion or retraction
of van body.
This operation requires two
Vans with power liftgate must
lower gate before expanding
van sides. Refer to d. for
liftgate operating instructions
(b) Lift ladder (1) up and out to
remove from rear door ladder mounting
(c) Install ladder (1) in brackets
below rear doors.
(2) Remove chained pin (8) from lock
handle (9). Pull handle (9) out and disengage
handle end from retaining bracket (7).
Repeat procedure at all four van corners.
(3) Remove side panel lock wrench (11)
and ratchet wrench (5) from holders inside
left rear door.
(4) Turn four side locks ( 10) counter-
clockwise with side panel lock wrench (11).
(5) Push locking plunger (3) downward
to release ratchet (4).