c. After Operation.
(1) Check fluid level of alcohol evaporator (2) at left front of engine compartment.
Remove filler cap (1) and add alcohol, as required.
(2) Start engine coolant heater, if
required (refer to paragraph 2-43).
(3) Perform after operation services in
(4) Remove all ice and snow from underside of vehicle, air cleaner intake. and from
(5) Refill fuel tank(s) as soon as possible.
(6) At end of daily operation, have batteries removed and stored in a warm place if
engine coolant heater is not to be operated.
(7) Draining of the fuel filter/water separator is necessary to remove condensation
in fuel system (refer to paragraph 3-11e.).
2-34. OPERATING IN EXTREME HEAT
a. General. Extreme heat exists when outside temperatures reach 95° F (35°C), or
more. The effect of extreme heat on vehicle engine is a decrease in engine efficiency.
Operators must adjust driving to conditions when operating in extreme heat.