b. Before Operation.
(1) Perform before operation services
in table 2-2.
(2) Check for sand or insects embedded
in front of radiator. Blow out all such
obstructions with compressed air.
c. Driving Vehicle.
(1) Avoid continuous vehicle operation
at high speeds. Avoid long, hard pulls on
steep grades with transfer selector lever (3)
in LOW. Drive slower in high altitude, hot
(2) Frequently check air cleaner
indicator (5). If indicator shows red,
perform emergency service (refer to
paragraph 3-11g.), and notify organizational
(3) Frequently check temperature gage (4) and oil pressure gage (6). Engine is
overheating if one or more of the following conditions exist:
(a) Engine coolant temperature is more than 210° F (99° C) as indicated by
temperature gage (4).
(b) Engine oil pressure drops below 38 psi (262 kPa) under normal operation or
15 psi (34 kPa) with engine at idle.