(2) Enter water slowly at a right angle in area with a gentle slope. Pull out fording
control handle (1) immediately upon entering water.
(3) Maintain an even vehicle speed.
(4) Push in fording control handle (1) immediately upon leaving water.
d. After Fording Operation.
(1) Remove flywheel housing drainplug (4) from drainport (2) and install in storage
Fording control handle will be available
only if deep water fording kit is installed.
(2) Wash with fresh water all parts of
vehicle which were in contact with salt water
as soon as possible.
(3) On M819 models, remove pipe
plugs from crane oil reservoir (6) and swing
motor (5) and replace with breather caps.
Store pipe plugs near crane oil reservoir.
Vehicles completing fording operation must
be serviced by Organizational Maintenance as
soon as possible.