(6) On M819 models, remove breather caps from crane oil reservoir (6) and swing
motor (5). Replace caps with pipe plugs, stored near crane oil reservoir.
c. Fording Operation.
(1) Start engine; refer to paragraphs 2-12 and 2-13.
(2) Move gearshift lever (9) to 1 (first) gear (7).
(3) Place transfer selector lever (8) in LOW.
(4) Enter water slowly. Pull out fording
control handle (10) immediately upon
entering water. Follow instructions on data
(5) Push in fording control handle (10)
immediately upon leaving water.
d. After Fording.
(1) Remove flywheel housing drainplug (3) from drainport (1) and install in storage
(2) On M819 models, remove pipe plugs from crane oil reservoir (6) and swing
motor (5) and replace with breather caps. Store pipe plugs near crane oil reservoir.
(3) If fording was through salt water, wash off all salt deposits as soon as possible.
Vehicles completing deepwater fording operation must be serviced
by organizational maintenance as soon as possible.