2-41. BOW AND TARP KIT
a. Bow and Tarp Kit Installation.
(1) Insert staves (1) into side rack
(2) Insert overhead crossbows (3) into
staves (1). Secure each end of overhead
crossbows (3) in place with stave latches (2)
Some overhead crossbows secure
in place with screws and washers
instead of latches.
(3) Thread two lashing ropes (7) into center eyelets of forward end curtain (9). Place
forward end curtain in position and wind ropes (7) alternately around overhead bow (8)
and through eyelets.
(4) Secure rope end on each side of vehicle to lashing hooks (10).
(5) Repeat procedure with rear end curtain. Do not tie down bottom of rear end
curtain until bow and tarp installation is completed.
Do not tie down bottom of rear end curtain when transporting troops.