2-42. HOT WATER PERSONNEL HEATER KIT
a. General. The hot water personnel heater kit includes a heater at right side of engine,
controls below instrument panel, winterfront cover, and necessary ducting.
In very cold weather, heat cab before starting defroster.
Windshield glass can be damaged by sudden changes in
The hot water personnel heater kit is effective in temperatures
down to -25° F (-13°C). Colder temperatures require use of arctic
b. Operation of Hot Water Personnel Heater.
(1) Start engine (refer to paragraphs 2-12 and 2-13). Allow engine to warm until
temperature gage (1) reads about 140° F (60° C).
(2) Pull air control handle (3) out to allow warm air flow to cab.
(3) Pull defroster control handle (4) out to allow warm air flow to windshield.
(4) Move heater blower motor switch (2) to HIGH or LOW position as needed.
(5) Move air control handle (3) and defroster control handle (4) in or out as needed.
(6) To stop heating or defrosting, move blower motor switch (2) to OFF position
and push in air control handle (3) and defroster control handle (4).
(7) Stop engine (refer to paragraph 2-16).