(10) To shut down heater, turn run-off-switch (5) to OFF (center) position. Check
indicator lamp (4) to make sure lamp goes out and blower shuts down after purge cycle is
Blower motor will continue to run for approximately 1 to 3
minutes after fuel flow is shut off, until heater is purged and heat
exchanger has cooled. Then blower motor stops and indicator
lamp (4) goes out.
(11) In the event of an NBC attack, lift emergency switch guard and pull down
emergency switch (6) to OFF position.
(12) Shut off engine (refer to paragraph 2-16).
d. Operating Fuel Burning Engine Coolant Heater.
The fuel burning engine coolant heater is designed to keep the
engine compartment warm when truck is not in use. This heater
should not be used while operating the truck.
(1) Make sure coolant shutoff valves on engine water manifold (9) and engine oil
cooler housing (8) are in fully opened (counterclockwise) position, and that shutoff valve
in engine coolant heater box is in (counterclockwise) fully opened position.
(2) Make sure coolant is at proper level in surge tank (7). Tank should be filled to
approximately bottom end of fill tube.