Blower motor will continue to run for approximately 1 to
3 minutes after fuel is shut off, until heater is purged, and heater
exchanger has cooled. Then blower motor will stop and indicator
lamp (1) will go out.
(15) During arctic operations, heater coolant shutoff valves should remain open at
(16) Remain in vehicle cab to make sure indicator lamp(1) goes out and blower
motor shuts down.
(17) Move battery switch lever (2) to OFF position after indicator lamp (1) goes out
and blower motor stops.
e. Operating Slave Receptacle.
(1) Slave receptacle (4) is mounted on right rear side of vehicle cab. It is standard on
medium and tractor wrecker models.
(2) Cover (3) is unscrewed and swung to one side for service operations.
(3) Refer to paragraph 2-18 for procedures using slave receptacle to start vehicle.