2-47. AIRBRAKE HAND CONTROL KIT
a. General. The airbrake control kit is installed on vehicles hauling trailers or artillery
equipped with airbrakes. Airbrake kit is installed by direct support maintenance
b. Airbrake Kit Operation.
(1) Insert lunette yoke (5) of trailer or
artillery load into pintle hook (2) of vehicle.
Inserting yoke of trailer or
artillery piece requires two or
more crewmembers, depending
on size and weight of load.
(2) Connect air lines ( 10) and ( 12)
attached to towed load to half couplings (3)
and (13) of towing truck.
Failure to turn on air shutoff
valves will result in loss of brakes
on towed vehicle. This may cause
injury to personnel.
(3) Pull up valve handles (4) and (14) to open airbrake hose lines.
(4) Connect trailer brake light cable (1) to electric receptacle (15) above pintle hook.
(5) Start vehicle engine (refer to paragraphs 2-12 and 2-13).
Airbrake control should be
engaged slowly to provide steady,
(6) Pull down trailer airbrake hand control (6) to apply brakes of towed load.