c. Tire Inflation.
(1) Start engine and apply parking brake. Make sure air reservoir pressure is higher
than recommended tire pressure by checking air pressure gage on instrument panel.
(2) Remove half coupling covers (3). Install tire inflation gage (10) and hose (4)
assembly coupling (5) to the left-front emergency trailer air half coupling (1) to inflate
front tires, and right-rear emergency trailer half coupling (1) to inflate rear tires. Turn
trailer air valve handle (2) at half coupling (1) 90 degrees counterclockwise to release
compressed air to gage (10), and hose (4) assembly.
(3) Remove tire valve cap, apply air chuck (8) on tire valve stem (7), and press down
firmly. Depress air chuck lever (6) to inflate tire. Release lever (6) momentarily to read
tire pressure on gage dial (9). Adjust tire pressure as necessary.
(4) When tire inflation operation is completed, turn trailer air valve handle (2)
90 degrees clockwise to close. Uncouple gage (10), and hose (4) assembly from trailer air
half coupling (1), and install cover (3) on half coupling (1).
(5) Return tire inflation gage (10), and hose (4) assembly to tool compartment.