LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
a This paragraph contains information regarding the major components that makeup the specific models of the M939,
M939A1, and M939A2 series vehicles.
b. Chassis Types:
M927/A1/A2, M928/A1/A2, and M934/A1/A2 model vehicles utilize the 215 in. (546.1 cm) Extra Long
Wheelbase (XLWB) chassis. This facilitates transporting of large and awkward loads.
M923/A1/A2, M925/A1/A2, and M936/A1/A2 model vehicles utilize the 179 in. (454.7 cm) wheelbase.
M929/A1/A2, M930/A1/A2, M931/A1/A2, and M932/A1/A2 model vehicles utilize the 167 in. (424.2 cm)
c. Cab Assembly: all models use the same cap assembly even though minor changes are made to accommodate
options for specific models.
d. Body Assembly:
(1) M923/A1/A2 and M925/AIJA2 model vehicles use the same cargo body.
(2) M927/A1/A2 and M928/A1/A2 model vehicles uses the same extended cargo body.
(3) M929/AJA2 and M930/A1/A2 model vehicles use the dump body.
(4) M931/A1/A2 and M932/A1/A2 model vehicles use the fifth wheel approach plate and check plate.
(5) M934 and M939/A1/A2 model vehicles use the van body.
(6) M936 and M939/A1/A2 model vehicles use the crane and body assembly.
e. Engine Type: All M939/A1 series vehicles employ the Cummins - NHC 250 engine, while M939A2 series vehicles
use the Cummings - 6CTA8.3 engine.
Fuel Tank Types:
Initial issue tanks used on M939/A1 series vehicles are top fill, but replacement tanks may be substituted with
M939A2 series vehicle side fill fuel.
Fuel tank quantities and capacities differ between models. Refer to table 1-6 for specific information on your model.