OPERATION OF MEDIUM WRECKER (Contd)
(24) To prepare rear winch for travel:
Manually push level wind (5) completely to the right. Pull out drum lock knob (6), rotate 90 degrees, and
release. If necessary, adjust level wind (5) to ensure lock plunger engages.
Place cable chain (7) and hook (9) up through right bumperette (8) and down through left bumperette
Place cable chain (7) and hook (9) around chain (7) between bumperettes (8) and (10).
Push directional control lever. (1) into WIND. Stop when cable is snug and replace travel pin.
(25) Pull cable tensioner switch (3) up to disengage tensioner.
(26) Place torque control lever (2) in NEUTRAL and replace travel pin.
(27) Turn off floodlights (11) if used.
(28) Disengage hand throttle control (13) by rotating handle and pushing in to allow engine speed to drop to idle.
(29) Pull transfer case power
takeoff control lever (18) forward to
disengage, and lock in position.
(30) Place transmission selector
lever (15) in N (neutral).
(31) Turn off main floodlight
switch (16) and amber warning light
switch (14), if used.
(32) If field chocks (12) were
case shift lever (17) is in high range.
Release parking brake
selector lever (15) in 1-5 (drive) to move
vehicle ahead far enough to free chocks
down engine, and engage parking brake
lever (19) (para. 2-16).
Remove field chocks