OPERATION OF EXPANSIBLE VAN TRUCK (Contd)
Have crewmember support raised floor panel when operator turns hinged roof lock handle. Floor panel
may fall, resulting in injury or death.
Push open roof and floor panel from inside van only.
Turn hinged roof lock handle (10) (marked D) counterclockwise to unlock roof panel (3) and floor panel
From inside van, push hinged roof (3) and floor panel (4) outward, step out onto floor panel (4) and lift
roof panel (3) until swivel hooks (8) (marked E) can be turned at right angles. Support hinged roof (3) on three swivel
(10) Slide end panel bolt (15) (marked F) into corner post guide (14).
(11) Crank both sides (1) in with ratchet wrench (17) until swivel eyes (7) on toggle clamps (9) (marked G) on
van roof (3) can be attached to swivel hooks (8). Left ratchet (16) is turned clockwise to retract left side of van. Right
ratchet (18) is turned counterclockwise to retract right side of van.
(12) Pull side panel (2) straight by partially closing toggle clamps (9). While doing this, push up on hinged
roof (3) and out on end panel (1) to ensure seal alignment.
(13) Stand on hinged floor panel (4) to relieve any binding.
(14) Adjust left ratchet (16) and right ratchet (18) to ensure a tight seal.
(15) Close three toggle clamps (9) on each side (2), closing the center clamp first.
(16) Remove side swing rod (6) from retaining clip (11). Swing rod (6) down and engage end of swing rod (6)
with lock handle assembly (12). Push assembly closed and secure with chained pin (13). Repeat procedure at all four van
Make sure sliding end panel bolts are fully extended into corner post guides.
(17) Set up van as applicable:
Mount ladders (5) to rear and/or side doors.