1-18. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (CONT)
Figure 1-23. Electrical System (Cont)
(5) The ether start switch (9) is used to start the engine when the outside temperature
is 32F (0C) or below. Pressing the ether start switch sends a measured charge of
ether to the engine to make starting easier.
(6) The amber warning light switch (10) operates the amber warning light on the cab
roof when installed.
(7) Positioning the hazard lights switch (11) to on causes both left and right turn signals
(8) A dimmer switch (12) is provided so that you can adjust the brightness of the
instrument panel lighting.
(9) The main light switch (13) is the only switch that is active even when the master
power switch is off.
a. Positioning the main selector lever to SER DRIVE causes the headlights, taillights,
marker lights, and clearance lights to illuminate; stoplights will illuminate when brake
pedal is depressed.
b. Positioning the main selector lever to STOP LIGHT extinguishes all vehicle lights
but allows stoplights to illuminate when brake pedal is depressed.
c. Positioning the auxiliary lever to PARK with the main selector lever in SER DRIVE
causes the headlights to extinguish and the front parking lights to illuminate.