2-37. M1084/M1086 MATERIAL HANDLING CRANE
a. Determine Required MHC Settings from Range Diagram.
(1) Determine distance load is from MHC and locate dimension along bottom horizontal
line (1). (Example: Load is 10 ft (3.1 m) from MHC.)
(2) Follow line vertically up graph until it intersects with boom length arc (2). Mark
intersection point (3).
(3) Follow line along arc and make note of boom length (4). (Example: If load distance
is 10 ft (3.1 m) from MHC, boom length is 12 ft (3.7 m).)
(4) Return to intersection point (3). Follow diagonal line (5) to determine boom angle
setting (6). (Example: Boom angle setting is 33 degrees from intersection point.)
(5) Return to intersection point (3). Follow horizontal line (7) to determine boom height
(8). (Example: Boom height is 16 ft (4.8 m) from intersection point.)
(6) Locate distance load is from MHC in Table 2-14.
(7) Locate boom angle that was determined in step (4). Follow horizontally across table
to verify height of boom and to determine maximum load. (Example: Boom height
is 16 ft (4.8 m) and maximum MHC load is 3,500 lbs (1,589 kgs).)