1-11. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
b. Major External Components Common to M1083 and M1085 Cargo Vehicles and
M1093 Air Drop Cargo Vehicles.
Figure 1-13. M1083 and M1085 Cargo Vehicles and M1093
Air Drop Cargo Vehicles Components Location
(1) CARGO BED SIDE PANELS. Aluminum panels used to keep cargo from falling out
of cargo bed. They may be raised or lowered, or removed and stowed under the
(2) CARGO BED SIDE STOWAGE BOXES. Two boxes used to stow cargo bed side
panels when removed.
(3) LIFT BEAM ASSEMBLIES. Two extendable beams that act as sling spreaders,
when deployed, to prevent damage to cargo bed side panels during external air
(4) CARGO BED TIE DOWNS. Anchor points for securing cargo.
(5) ACCESS LADDER. Used to assist personnel when climbing into or out of cargo bed.
The access ladder is stored underneath the cargo bed when not in use.