2. Check transmission/transfer case oil level daily with vehicle parked on level surface
and transmission range selector in Neutral (N). Safe operating oil level is when the
transmission\transfer case fluid level is halfway between the "HOT ADD" line and
"HOT FULL" line on the dipstick. With the engine at idle (500-800 rpm) for one
minute and engine coolant temperature at normal operating range (165-180 F (74-
82 C)), check transmission/transfer case oil level. If the level is below the "HOT
ADD" line, add one (1) quart of oil and check oil level. Repeat this procedure until
oil level is halfway between the "HOT ADD" line and "HOT FULL" line. If the level is
above the "HOT FULL" line, drain one (1) quart of oil from the transmission and
check oil level. Repeat this procedure until oil level is halfway between the "HOT
FULL" line and "HOT ADD" line.
Use OE/HDO oil specified for the ambient
3. Check hydraulic fluid level daily. Remove hydraulic fluid reservoir cap to visually
inspect hydraulic fluid level. TANK IS CONSIDERED FULL WHEN FLUID LEVEL IN
TANK IS VISIBLE AT FILL PORT and fluid level gage reads F (full). Fill hydraulic
fluid reservoir with OE/HDO specified for the ambient temperature.
4. Check coolant level daily. Surge tank level is acceptable when coolant is visible in
lower sight glass. If coolant is not visible in lower sight glass, fill surge tank until
coolant is visible half way in upper sight glass. Fill surge tank with MIL-A-46153 or
5. Apply a thin coat of GAA to fifth wheel ramps and top plate weekly. Lubricate grease
fittings (using a low pressure lubrication gun) every week with GAA.
6. Check hydraulic oil level daily. Oil level should be no more than 0.75 in. (1.9 cm)
below black line on hydraulic oil view gage. Fill hydraulic oil reservoir with OE/HDO
specified for the ambient temperature.
7. Lubricate all oil can points every 1,000 mi. (1,600 km) or once a month (whichever
Lubricate with OE/HDO specified for ambient temperature.
operator/crew is responsible for lubricating the following points.
a. Oil can Points-All MTV Models.
(1) Door latches and hinges
(2) Cab latches (M1093 and M1094 only)
(3) Battery box cover latches
b. Oil can Points-MTV Cargo Trucks.
(1) Tailgate hinge pins
(2) Intermediate hinge pins
(3) Side hinge pins
(4) Cargo bed tiedown rings