2-1. INSTRUMENT PANEL CONTROLS AND INDICATORS (CONT)
Figure 2-1. Instrument Panel Controls and Indicators (Cont)
16. Main Light Switch. Controls service and blackout lights. Figure 2-3 shows all
controls on the main light switch.
17. Starter Pushbutton. Starts engine. Starter pushbutton operates only when master
power switch is in the on position.
18. WATER TEMP Gage. Shows engine coolant temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.
Normal temperature range is 160-230 F (71-110 C).
19. Audible Alarm.
A steady tone sounds when air pressure is below 65 psi.
Wavering (dual tone) sounds when troop transport alarm switch is actuated (on
vehicles with troopseat kits).
20. REAR BRAKE AIR Pressure Gage.
Shows air pressure (in psi) available to
operate rear brakes. Normal air pressure range is 65-120 psi (18-49 C).
21. FUEL Gage. Shows fuel level in fuel tank.
22. WTEC II Transmission ECU Pushbutton Shift Selector (TEPSS). Used to select
forward or reverse range, to set highest gear range, to switch from highway to off-
road mode, and to monitor transmission operation. Figure 2-4 shows all controls
and indicators on the WTEC II TEPSS. Figure 2-5 shows all controls and indicators
on the WTEC III Transmission Pushbutton Shift Selector (TPSS).