d. Removing Front and Side Racks.
(3) On dropside trucks, install troop
seat locking rods (9) in hole (12) near
tailgate. Locking rod (9) can be shortened or
lengthened. To adjust locking rod:
(a) Loosen locknut (10).
(b) Turn threaded end (11) clockwise
to shorten, counterclockwise to lengthen.
(c) Tighten locknut (10).
(4) To raise troop seat, reverse
procedure just given.
(1) Lower tailgate. Refer to b. above, if necessary.
(2) Raise troop seats and secure in place with latches (7). Refer to c. above, if
(3) On dropside trucks:
(a) Remove troop seat locking rods
(9) from holes near tailgate. Install safety
pin (6) to secure locking rods (9) to side rack
(b) Pull back four troop seat
securing pins (13) from corners of truck bed.