2-48. AIRBRAKE HOSE CONNECTIONS FOR
a. General. Proper brake air hose connections are required for safe operation of
towing vehicles and trailers.
b. Coupling Trailer to Vehicle.
Refer to appropriate trailer TM for complete trailer operation
(1) Remove safety pin (7), raise latch (8), and open pintle hook lock (9).
(2) Back up vehicle until trailer lunette (5) can be lowered onto pintle hook (2).
Make sure safety pin has been properly installed and secured in
pintle before proceeding with mission. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel or damage to equipment.
(3) Lower lunette yoke (5) onto pintle hook (2), close pintle hook lock (9), close
latch (8), and replace safety pin (7).
(4) Cross and secure safety chains (11) to vehicle.
Location of service air coupling (13), emergency air coupling (3),
and trailer electrical receptacle (15), may vary due to model of
(5) Connect intervehicular service brake air hose (12), emergency brake air hose
(10). and electrical cable (1).
Failure to turn on air shutoff valves (4) and (14) will result in loss
of brakes on trailer. This may cause injury to personnel.
(6) Turn on both service (14) and emergency (4) brakes air shutoff valves.
(7) Check operation of trailer brakes and lights.
Change 1 2-235